Legislative hearings are subject to changes in meeting time, location and agenda. Committee hearings have no set ending times.
Committee Hearings for Bills with a Civil Liberties Component
The Ohio General Assembly is currently in recess. We will post a schedule for the new session as soon as it is available.
Week of May 5, 2014
- There are no committee hearings scheduled for this week.
- Tuesday, April 1
- House Transportation, Public Safety & Homeland Security – Room 122 – 1:30 p.m.
- HB 346 – enhanced drivers license – 4th hearing, all testimony, possible amendments & vote
- Wednesday, May 7
- House Commerce Labor & Technology – Room 114 – 10am
- HB 424 – prohibit schools & employers from demanding Internet passwords – 2nd hearing, proponent testimony
- House Judiciary – Room 017 – 4pm
- HB 505 – felony with firearm – mandatory prison term – 1st hearing, sponsor testimony
- SB 43 – civil commitment – 2nd hearing, proponent testimony
- HB 480 – seat belts – primary offense – 2nd hearing, proponent testimony
- HB 333 – disability access laws – 5th hearing, all testimony, possible amendment
- HB 508 – mandatory life sentence for drug dealers when death occurs – 1st hearing, sponsor testimony