Online for All: Support Needed for Online Voter Registration in Ohio House
The online voter registration bill that passed the Ohio Senate by a landslide 31-to-1 vote on June 24 demonstrates that online voter registration might finally have some momentum in our legislature.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio has strongly supported online voter registration, especially as it benefits those with disabilities. Registering to vote online can save time, improve election accuracy and efficacy, increase participation in the electoral process, and reduce costs to Ohio boards of elections.
For more information on this important initiative, please read these articles:
- Online for All: ACLU Ohio’s Online Registration Page
- Access Denied: Barriers to Online Voter Registration
- SB 63 – ACLU Ohio Supports Online Registration
- Karla M. Lortz: Advocating for Online Registration
- Online Voter Registration on its Way to Reality!
- One Pastor Moves Voter Registration Mountains
- Katie’s Story, Online for All
- Voter Registration: Joining the 21st Century
- “Online For All” Makes All the Sense in the World
- Ohio’s Voting Record: Ready to Hit a Grand Slam?