It’s your right. The decision is in your hands.
The ACLU of Ohio, League of Women Voters of Greater Dayton, and Montgomery County Board of Elections have joined to provide greater accessibility to people who are deaf and living in Montgomery County.
2016 Deaf Voter Participation Day
Montgomery County Board of Elections
Directions via Google Maps (takes you to Google’s site)
Free parking is located in the Board of Elections parking garage.
An American Sign Language interpreter will be available on Deaf Voter Participation Day.
When voting on March 9, you will be asked for one of the following:
1) Your Ohio driver’s license or state ID
2) The last four digits of your social security number
3) Copy of current identification with your name and address that can include utility bill, cell phone bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, military ID, Social Security letter. Current is within the last 12 months.
You must register 30 days before the election
- Ask for an application by contacting the Montgomery County Board of Elections or visiting a Bureau of Motor Vehicle Office, public high school, or public library.
- Change your address and get a registration form online.
Accommodations can be requested at any time during the voting process. Providing at least a 72-hour notice ahead of when you plan to vote will help to ensure availability. Contact the Montgomery County Board of Elections.
Questions about voting? Want to connect with others in the community to talk more? Invite the ACLU to visit your group to talk about voting rights. Email us for more information.
Want to stay up-to-date on this? Tell us how to contact you.
Other Voting Questions?