You must register or change your address 30 days before the election.
- Ask for an application by contacting your local board of elections or visiting a Bureau of Motor Vehicle Office, public high school, or public library.
- Change your address and get a registration form online.
When voting, you will be asked for one of the following forms of current identification. Current is within the last 12 months.
- Your Ohio driver’s license or state ID with name and address
- Current identification with your name and address that can include utility bill, cell phone bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, military ID, Social Security letter
Deaf Voter Participation Day happened for the 2016 primary in Dayton.
The ACLU of Ohio, League of Women Voters of Greater Dayton, and Montgomery County Board of Elections joined to provide greater accessibility to people who are deaf and living in Montgomery County by offering an American Sign Language Interpreter on early voting day March 9, 2016.
Questions about accommodations?
Accommodations can be requested at any time during the voting process. Providing at least a 72-hour notice ahead of when you plan to vote will help to ensure availability. Contact your local board of elections.
Other Voting Questions?
Invite the ACLU to visit your group to talk about voting rights. Email us for more information.
- ACLU of Ohio Vote Center
- League of Women Voters of Ohio (view voter guides and issue information)
- Find your local Board of Elections (including sample ballots)
- Ohio Secretary of State