Share your time and talents to support civil liberties!
To be considered, all volunteer candidates must be:
- A dues-paying ACLU member, with a commitment to civil liberties and equality.
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office, Internet and email. Home email access required.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to work independently.
Please follow the application instructions included in each posting. While some positions are based at the main office in Cleveland, there are also opportunities across Ohio.
“Know Your Rights” Coordinator
Community Outreach Assistant
Attorneys: Volunteer with the ACLU
Over the years volunteer attorneys have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars of professional time in the service of civil liberties. It is with their support that the ACLU maintains its public presence and reputation as a guardian of liberty.
ACLU of Ohio volunteer attorneys include sole practitioners, recent law school graduates, and some of the nation’s most prominent lawyers. We need attorneys who are:
- Knowledgeable in specific constitutional areas who can review briefs and advise on legal strategy;
- Able to prepare legal research memos;
- Willing to be “on call” when we have defendants who need immediate representation at a hearing or arraignment.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with the ACLU of Ohio’s legal program, please send an email detailing what type of law you practice and your areas of interest to email@example.com. Someone from the Ohio legal staff will contact you.