On March 29, 2018, the ACLU of Ohio, the ACLU, and Lambda Legal filed a lawsuit challenging Ohio’s refusal to correct the gender marker on birth certificates for transgender individuals.
We’d like to thank the below organizations for their partnership which helped pave the way for us to take this issue to the courtroom. We also thank them for circulating our birth certificate questionnaire – which helped us better understand the personal heartache Ohio’s policy has caused to so many people.
Our partner organizations
- Cleveland Stonewall Democrats
- Crossport (Cincinnati)
- Equality Ohio
- Equality Toledo
- Equitas Health
- GLSEN Greater Cincinnati
- LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland
- LGBTQ* Services at Miami University
- Lighthouse Youth Services – Safe & Supported
- Margie’s Hope
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- OCTOPUS (Organizing Communities Transgender Outreach Promoting United Support)
- PFLAG (Various Chapters)
- Plexus LGBT & Allied Chamber of Commerce
- Queer People of Color Network at Wright State University
- Scott E. Knox, Attorney at Law
- Toledo Area Transgender Support Group (TATS)
DISCLAIMER – The information on this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Every case depends on the specific facts and circumstances involved. To submit a complaint for review, please go to our Legal Help page.
Back to Transgender Spotlight.