Resources and Citations
- Agan, A. & Starr, S. (2016). Ban the box, criminal records, and statistical discrimination: A field experiment. Yale Law School Journal.
- ACLU of Ohio & OJPC. (2016). Looking forward: A comprehensive plan for criminal justice reform in Ohio. Columbus: The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio; The Ohio Justice & Policy Center.
- Frank, J., Travis, L. F., Reitler, A., Goulette, N., & Flesher, W. (2011). Collateral consequences of criminal conviction in Ohio. University of Cincinnati, Center for Criminal Justice Research School of Criminal Justice. Cincinnati: Ohio Office of Criminal Justice Services.
- Kurlychek, M. C., Brame, R., & Bushway, S. D. (2006). Scarlet letters and recidivism: Does an old criminal record redict future offending? Criminology & Public Policy, 483-504.
- Pager, D. & Western, B. (2009). Investigating prisoner reentry: The impact of conviction status on the employment prospects of young men. National Criminal Justice Reference Service. Washington, DC.
- Society for Human Resource Management. (2012). SHRM survey findings: Background checking – the use of criminal background checks in hiring decisions.
- Thatcher, D. (2008). The rise of criminal background screening in rental housing. Journal of the American Bar Foundation. 33(1): 5-30.
DISCLAIMER – The information on this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Every case depends on the specific facts and circumstances involved. To submit a complaint for review, please go to our Legal Help page.