The ACLU protects Americans’ right to vote by defending and expanding this vital liberty.
Purged? Find out how you can vote in November.
Read our Voter Alert of October 20, 2016.
Election observers cannot harrass, intimidate, campaign, or interfere
inside polling places. Read our Voter Alert of November 3, 2016.
|Can I Vote
Do I Need?
|Voters With a
|Convicted of a
|Problems Casting a
|Distribute Voter Information|
Important Dates For Voting 2016
- September 24—Military and Overseas Vote by Mail begins
- October 11—Deadline for voter registration for November 8 presidential general election
- October 12—Absentee Vote by Mail, Early Voting Begins, M-F 8am-5pm
- October 24-28—Early in-person voting, 8am — 6pm
- October 29—Saturday in-person voting, 8am – 4pm
- October 30—Sunday in-person voting, 1pm – 5pm
- October 31-November 4—Early in-person voting, 8am — 7pm
- November 5—Saturday in-person voting, 8am – 4pm. Deadline to request absentee ballot at Noon.
- November 6—Sunday in-person voting, 1pm – 5pm
- November 7—Monday in-person voting, 8am – 2pm
- November 8—General Election Day: Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.