2015 Voter Registration Dates
October 5—The deadline to register for the November 3 general election.
- Visit the Ohio Secretary of State’s website to see if you are already registered. If not, you can complete and download a voter registration form.
- If you have moved since you last voted, be sure to fill out a change of address form. You can do it online, or fill it out by hand and mail it to your county board of elections.
Important 2015 Voting Information:
- Visit the Ohio Secretary of State website for early in-person voting days and times.
- May 5 —Primary Election Day: Polls are open 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- November 3 —General Election Day: Polls are open 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Update: Information regarding early voting opportunities
Important 2015 Dates Affecting Voting by Absentee Ballot:
January 1—Vote by Mail ballot applications will be accepted for 2015 elections.
May 5—Absentee ballots, returned in person or via a method other than U.S. Mail, must be received by boards of elections by the close of polls at 7:30 p.m.
May 15—Absentee ballots returned by U.S. Mail must be postmarked no later than May 4 and received by boards of elections by this date to be counted.
November 3—Absentee ballots, returned in person or via a method other than U.S. Mail, must be received by boards of elections by the close of polls at 7:30 p.m.
November 13—Absentee ballots returned by U.S. Mail must be postmarked no later than November 2 and received by boards of elections by this date to be counted.
Make Your Vote Count
- Locate your polling place. It may have changed, even if you have not moved.
- Bring ID. For a full list of acceptable voter identification click here.
- Be on Time. Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Election Day. By law, you have a right to vote if you are still in line when polls close.
If you experience a problem casting your ballot, report it! Contact:
- Your local board of elections.
- The Ohio Secretary of State or call toll-free: (877) 767-6446.
- The ACLU of Ohio via email at email@example.com, or by calling (216) 472-2200.
Didn’t receive your absentee ballot? You can vote provisionally at your polling place.