Planning a program for your community organization?
Looking for an empowering, interactive, workshop on ‘know your rights?’
Are you an educator in need of a guest speaker?
Complete your program with an ACLU of Ohio speaker!
The ACLU of Ohio’s Speakers’ Bureau provides speakers to over one hundred community groups, schools, and professional organizations across the state each year. Our speakers are members of the ACLU staff and board of directors, faculty at law schools and universities, and other civil liberties experts and activists.
We can present on a variety of topics, including:
- Mass Incarceration & the Statehouse-to-Prison Pipeline
- Know Your Rights! What To Do If You’re Stopped by the Police
- Voting Rights in Ohio: What You Need to Know!
- Protesters, Know Your Rights!
- Transgender Spotlight: You Have Questions, We Have Answers
- Prisons for Profit: A Screening and Discussion
- Teen Health and the Law: A Guide for Teens
Visit our issues pages for more ideas about subjects we can discuss.
To request a speaker, fill out our web form or call (216) 472-2200.
Note: Due to the high demand for ACLU speakers, we may not be able to accommodate your specifications for a speaker; please provide us as much notice as possible.