Students can register to vote at their school or home residence.
- You may use your Ohio school residence address to vote if you consider that address to be your permanent address. This means that at the time of voting, you do not intend to return to a different permanent address. This rule applies even if you are classified as “out of state” by your school. You can register at your Ohio college address as long as you have been there for 30 days.
- You may register or remain registered at your prior address (for instance, at your parents’ Ohio address) if you intend to return after college.
- Be aware: You can lose your Ohio residency by establishing residency in a new state or by voting in another state.
- Know Your Voting Rights, Read Our “Voting as a Student in Ohio” Card.
- Problems voting? Fill out our Voter Complaint Form.