Make sure you have an acceptable form of ID. Do not wait until the last minute. You must have one of the following:
- Photo ID card with your name and address, like a driver’s license or state ID card.
- Other government ID. Unfortunately, neither U.S. Passports nor student IDs are accepted.
- U.S. military ID card with your name and photo (address not required).
- Identification that shows your name and current address that could include a cell phone bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document like social security or Ohio Job and Family Services benefit letter.
Barriers to voter registration prevent people from getting to the polls. Ohio’s new online voter registration page makes it easier than ever to have your voice heard.
- Know Your Voting Rights, Read Our “Ohio Voter Empowerment Card.”
- Problems voting? Fill out our Voter Complaint Form.