ACLU of Ohio board of directors and staff mourn the passing of our friend and colleague Al Stern. Al dedicated his life to defending civil liberties. His example is an inspiration to us all.
A celebration of Al's life was held Sunday, July 13, 2008 at Fairmount Temple in Beachwood. Family and friends gathered to share stories, sing songs, and honor the memory of a man who worked so hard, for so long, to make this world a better place.
- In Remembrance of Al Stern - Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich - Congressional Record - July 14, 2008
- Al Stern, social activist, helped found Jewish Secular Community - Cleveland Plain Dealer - July 12, 2008
- Al Stern - Cleveland Jewish News - July 11, 2008
- Al Stern - Cleveland Plain Dealer - June 24, 2008
- Read Al and Mickey Stern: Signing on for the Big Life by Executive Director Chris Link, from the January 2007 Cleveland Liberty, the ACLU Cleveland Chapter newsletter. Al especially liked this article.
- Read Honoring Al Stern, Consistent in ‘Fighting the Good Fight’ from the March 24, 2008 issue of Cleveland Jewish News.
- Read Congressman Dennis Kucinich's remarks in recognition of Americans for Peace Now honoree Al Stern.
- Remarks by Helen Williams, Jay Westbrook, and Anne Hill on the occasion of installing a tribute to Al at the Max Wohl Civil Liberties Center, November 7, 2015.