Build grassroots organizing power with the ACLU of Ohio.
The ACLU of Ohio Action Team is a diverse network of ACLU volunteer leaders spread out across the state who work within their local communities, and at the Statehouse, with ACLU Organizing Strategists. This team operates as on the ground thought partners and boots to help craft strategy, push policy and respond to direct action in the streets. It takes all of us to win, it takes you signing up to get involved. Join the Action Team of the ACLU of Ohio today!
Attorneys: Volunteer with the ACLU of Ohio.
Over the years volunteer attorneys have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars of professional time in the service of civil liberties. It is with their support that the ACLU maintains its public presence and reputation as a guardian of liberty.
ACLU of Ohio volunteer attorneys include sole practitioners, recent law school graduates, and some of the nation’s most prominent lawyers. We need attorneys who are:
- Knowledgeable in specific constitutional areas who can review briefs and advise on legal strategy;
- Able to prepare legal research memos;
- Willing to be “on call” when we have defendants who need immediate representation at a hearing or arraignment.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with the ACLU of Ohio’s legal program, please send an email detailing what type of law you practice and your areas of interest to email@example.com. Someone from the Ohio legal staff will contact you.
To be considered, all volunteer candidates must be:
- A dues-paying ACLU member, with a commitment to civil liberties and equality.
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office, Internet and email. Home email access required.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to work independently.