Ohio Secretary of State
Election Protection Hotline
Disability Rights Ohio
If you feel your right to vote has been denied, fill out our Voter Complaint Form.
You will receive a provisional ballot if a precinct election official tells you that you cannot vote a regular ballot for one of these reasons:
- Your name does not appear on the official poll list for that precinct.
- You are not eligible to vote or they are unable to determine your eligibility.
- You do not provide the required proof of identity.
- You already asked for an absentee ballot for the same election.
- Your name is marked in the official poll list or signature book because certain registration mailings were returned to your county Board of Elections.
- Your signature does not match the signature on your registration form.
Generally, if you showed proof of your identity at the time you cast your ballot, you will not need to give more information to your local board of elections. If you did not show identification, you will need to give more information to the board of elections, in-person, within four days after the election.